← Back to documentation overview
If you are completely new to Videopath, it might be best to start with our Getting Started tutorial.
This is an overview on how to import your video from Brightcove into the Videopath builder tool.
Step 1: Prepare the Brightcove Player
If this is your first import into Videopath from Brightcove, you will have to create a custom player in Brightcove Studio to remove the default Brightcove player controls. This only needs to be done once for all videos.
- Log in to Brightcove Studio, and go to the Players tab.
- Hit the New Player button, name your new player Videopath Player and hit OK.
- Click your new Player to get to the edit screen, go to the Plugins section, click Edit, select the CSS section within the Plugins area and paste the link “http://misc.videopath.com/brightcove/style.css” into the input field.
- Click Save below, then find the Publish button at the top right of the screen to publish your customized brightcove player.
Step 2: Import your Video into Videopath
Now you can import your video into Videopath:
- Go to the Media tab.
- Select the Video you’d like to import.
- Hit the Publish button at the top right.
- In the publish popup, from the Select Player dropdown menu, select your custom Videopath Player.
- Copy and paste the link below Preview in browser. This should start with something like: http://players.brightcove.net/…
- Go to your Videopath Dashboard, click Create new Project, and paste the Brightcove link.
Your video will be imported and you will be redirected to the edit screen within Videopath.
This page is part of the Videopath documentation. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch.